Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- If you are not already registered in our system you must register online before we can make you an appointment. This will eliminate touching papers and pens and will streamline your appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Please call the office when you arrive in the hospital parking lot and we will advise you when to come in.
- You must wear a mask or face covering to get into the building.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office unless the patient is a minor or an adult who has extenuating circumstances i.e. physical disability or special needs.
- If your temperature is not taken in the lobby we will take your temperature in our office. We recommend you take your own temperature prior to coming to the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will be called or texted approximately 48 hours after your appointment to verify you haven’t tested Covid-19 positive. If you have tested positive for Covid-19 within 48 hours please call and advise us.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 508-586-5445 or visit our website at omscare.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Inc.